Executive Homes in Northampton
How to find a luxury property
Many of the finest properties are not the easiest to find, as an increasing number of these properties are listed ‘off-market’ but what does this mean and why do so many sellers prefer this?
- Off-market listings are properties that are for sale but aren’t listed on property portals, or indeed anywhere online.
- Some sellers desire an off-market listing to test the waters, maintain privacy, save on commissions, or create a sense of exclusivity that could result in a higher selling price.
- For buyers, off-market listings provide access to additional inventory, an opportunity to save if the commission is lower, and the opportunity to avoid competition for property in a desirable area.
- Off-market sales involving only one agent can sometimes provide very little wiggle room for buyers looking to negotiate a price.
- To get access to these listings, buyers can approach agents directly.
- Sellers of luxury homes also choose this method because they are concerned about security. When a property is listed online, with lots of interior photos, it can often become a target for thieves.
The first steps is obviously to contact estate agents who deal with luxury property. Mainstream estate agents do have the occasional executive home, but in general, sellers of these types of homes, will go to an agent who sells similar property first. There are of course estate agents who deal exclusively with off-market property, such as Discreet Property Sales, none of their listings appear anywhere, so sellers wishing to sell discreetly may very well contact them first.
Here are some suggestions that you may wish to try:
As these agents do specialise in selling discreetly, they may well be worth checking out first.
Another method is to commission an Estate Agent to source a property for you. This may involve a fee, as it is very time consuming and the agent would need to know that you were serious, before they spend hours and hours prospecting on your behalf.
We at Northamptonshire Luxury Homes offer a ‘Seek & Secure’ service. There is no upfront cost for this, but in order to tempt potential sellers to consider selling, this sale is done with a ‘buy side fee’ What this means is that the agent can then tempt potential buyers with an offer of a commission free sale, which means that the buyer pays the fee. This is a very effective way to entice sellers to proceed and as there will not be any other buyers bidding against you, the fee is normally less than you would have to pay to match a higher offer, which can actually save you a lot of money.
If you are looking for an executive home in Northamptonshire, feel free to get in touch using the Contact Form below.